• Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: March 31, 2018
• Deadline for submission of full papers (only for extended abstracts that have been accepted): July 31, 2018
The best papers presented will be invited to run for publication in the Journal of Business Research
How Can Latin American Firms Contribute to a more Rebalanced Society?
The ever-more competitive business arena seems to be imposing limits to value creation and, worse still, to value distribution. Increasing inequalities, degradation of the natural environment and depletion of natural resources point out to an urgent need of rethinking the ways to do business.
The SMLA 2019 conference welcomes theoretical, empirical and practitioner-oriented research that discusses ways to produce a more balanced society. Particularly welcome are papers that address how Latin American firms may be well positioned (or otherwise) to face this issue.
Papers addressing strategic management issues in general are also appreciated.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS (to be confirmed):
Naveen Donthu – Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Business Research
Top executive of a Brazilian firm
TYPES OF PAPERS
Papers should address strategic management issues and bring forth the Latin American context. The following types of contributions are welcome:
- Rigorous Theoretical Papers
- Empirical Research Papers (including cases studies)
- Applied (Practitioner-Oriented) Papers
- Teaching Cases
- Conference theme – How Can Latin American Firms Contribute to a more Rebalanced Society
- Collaborative Strategy and M&As
- Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- International Strategy
- Strategic Leadership and Governance
- Strategy Process and Practice
Jorge Carneiro, FGV Sao Paulo, Brazil (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carlos Rodriguez, Incae, Costa Rica (email@example.com)
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org